Finding easy, affordable ways to keep your kid busy in the summer can be quite the challenge. These DIY Pool Noodle Poppers are a hit with all ages! Smaller kids may need some assistance but older kids could probably make these on their own! Here's how to make them.
1. Gather your supplies. You will need:
- Pool Noodle. Cut your pool noodle into 3"-4" pieces. A knife works best for this part. Please remember to use caution when creating these with kids.
- Duct Tape
- Pom Pom Balls
2. Tie a knot at the opening of your balloon.
3. Cut the end of your balloon off- opposite side of the knot. Try to make this cut as straight as possible as it will help when taping it to your pool noodle.
4. Stretch your balloon across the opening of your pool noodle.
5. Wrap a piece of duct tape around the entire pool noodle where the balloon meets the noodle. This will secure your balloon to the noodle. TIP: Duct tape works best for this!
6. Place a pom pom ball in the opening of your pool noodle. TIP: Don't stuff it all the way to the bottom of the noodle. It works best if it is just on the inside of the noodle as seen below.
7. Pull back on the end of your balloon and let it go! This will shoot your pom pom ball! It may take some practice!
How far can you shoot your pom pom balls? Draw a target on a piece of paper and see how many bullseyes you can hit!